Five Things Every Man Wants in a Girlfriend
You may be surprised by some of what follows as it isn’t all about looking like a super model or being the wittiest, sexiest woman in the room. Men are, in the main, looking more than skin deep when they are searching for a more meaningful relationship.
Those first few dates at any time of your life can be more than a little stressful in the modern age, the social media environment, images of the so-called ‘perfect woman’ abound, not to mention the pressures we women pile on ourselves. So you may find it helpful to have a little insight into what kind of thing he’s thinking about as you have your first proper dates and get to know each other…
1. Self-confidence rates highly on the male list of girlfriend ‘wants’. Being confident in yourself and not constantly looking for validation of decisions on what you are wearing, your hair cut, or your menu choice for example. Yes, he wants to look after you, spoil you – all of those things – but he wants you love yourself and be confident in your own skin, and of your own decisions.
2. Fun, laughter, playfulness is a very sought after set of character traits. Before you panic, that doesn’t mean being able to reel-off hilarious jokes or conjure up a magic trick. It’s about not being too serious, too intense; it’s about not sweating the small stuff. Look at it as being more relaxed; being able to not stress about leaving the dishes once in a while or whether he places a mat under his beer glass.
3. Spontaneity is, very often, one of the earliest things to fall away after the initial excitement of new relationship. It is hugely important to remember to be spontaneous; and, yes, I know that is a bit of a contradiction! What I mean by that is bare in mind that it’s good for both of you to occasionally break with routine. Sometimes it is worth making the effort to go out for a walk on a starry night, or surprise him by suggesting going to a movie that he really wants to see that perhaps isn’t your thing. Equally, accept an unexpected invitation from him to do something on the spur of the moment, even if it does means missing your favourite TV show.
4. Sensuality – the other S word. Men want us to be sensual, be more confident and comfortable with our own sexuality. This absolutely does not have to equate to parading around the bedroom modelling the latest range from Victoria’s Secrets – although it’s fair to say that he probably wouldn’t mind at all if you wanted to do that. It’s about taking care of ourselves, taking time for you and, frankly, making an effort. Going out for a casual dinner; then dig something out of the closet that is not what you’d wear to go to the supermarket, take some time and effort to make yourself feel good for YOU. The wonderful thing is that if we do all of that, we automatically raise our own self confidence and happiness levels.
5. Honesty and Trust. If you start a relationship building on a foundation of sand, it’s never going to have longevity. I’m not advocating on a first date pulling all the skeletons out of the cupboard, but what I am suggesting is that if you have some experience or issue you feel is important that the other person knows about, don’t leave it until the evening of your engagement party to tell him. That will be painful and difficult for you both. A man wants to know that he is able to trust his partner, girlfriend, possible future wife; not only to not cheat on him, but also to be honest about herself, about her likes, dislikes and experiences. Only you will know what you want or need to share. Be honest with who you are, you’ll feel better and more relaxed for doing so, and give your relationship the best possible chance.
What is most interesting about the things on this list is they are all things that, as women, we value and hopefully aspire to for ourselves. Maybe men and women aren’t so far apart after all. If you want to learn more about how to become The One for your man, Read This Page >>>