What is a Relationship Without Commitment Called
If you are not sure whether you are in a committed relationship or casual, read these signs of a relationship without commitment, and the more signs are applicable to you, the more casual your relationship is.
Whether you are looking for information in search for answers to burning questions, or are just browsing this site out of curiosity, I invite you to participate in the conversation!
So, here are the most common signs of a relationship without commitment:
- You and your partner are NOT married/engaged
- You and your partner date other people
- You and your partner do not have responsibilities and obligations of a committed relationship toward each other
- You and your partner do not have the rights of a committed relationship
- If one of you were to accept a date invitation from someone else, the other would have absolutely no business knowing about that
- You or your partner, or both of you have active publically visible profiles on one or more dating sites, and you are open to meeting someone through them
- You and your partner do not include each other in important life decisions, and each of you doesn’t consider the other when making life-changing decisions such as where to live, whether to buy a house or a condo, whether one of you should take a job that requires relocation, etc.
- You and your partner do not ask for advice or an opinion of the other when it comes to making decisions
Do you want to add to this list? I’d love to hear from you!
And here are the other names for a relationship without commitment.
Booty Call – typically a booty call will originate from a late-night horny guy looking to get laid quickly and bail. A booty call is more of a one-night stand repeated over time with the same person. There is no emotional involvement in this type of arrangement. Typically a man will assume that if the woman goes along with this type of arrangement, it is consensual.
Casual dating – typically the kind of dating that determines which way the relationship will go. This is the phase of dating when two people are getting to know each other. This is when they evaluate each other’s fitness for a potential relationship.
At this point, the relationship is not yet committed. If one or both partners are looking for a committed relationship, they are likely to explore such possibilities within their relationship. If one or both people are looking for something casual, this casual relationship will always stay casual (unless, of course, you check out my book Guide to Commitment )
Then there is also something we can refer to as hooking up and hanging out, as Toby Keith says in his song I’m just talking about tonight. This is basically a type of a relationship in which you and your guy periodically get together at his house or yours, watch movies, eat popcorn, make out on the couch and have sex. You sorta hang out, and yet, not really a committed relationship. Basically, you and your guy do not have any responsibilities of a committed relationship toward each other, and each of you has his or her own life.
I hope you enjoyed this article. If you want to add something, or leave a comment, or even ask a question, go ahead and do so in the comment section below!Share on Facebook